How to shorten a Ulysse Nardin strap
- 02 may 2019 12:23:21
- Reviews :
- Views: 1927
Ulysse Nardin is a watch brand that has existed for over 200 years. Ulysse Nardin watches have an elegant design with sea notes. Since the end of the twentieth century, rubber straps have been used in many models, which perfectly tolerate the effects of sea water, but are strong enough and safe for humans. One of the well-recognized features of the straps of this brand is a pleasant vanilla smell, as well as a rather specific butterfly clasp.
But the main problem for many fans of this brand is the issue of reducing the strap and fitting it on the arm. Next, we will give a detailed manual on how to easily and quickly shorten the Ulysse Nardin strap with your own hands.
The rubber in the Ulysse Nardin watch is shortened, only by trimming the excess ribbed part. Therefore, when reducing the strap, you need to be as precise as possible so as not to cut off the excess. Otherwise, you will have to buy a new strap.
Important: The strap must be cut symmetrically from both parts that are adjacent to the clasp, otherwise symmetry may be broken and the watch will not be evenly placed on the wrist.
Instructions on how to shorten the Ulysse Nardin strap:
1) First you need to try on the hand strap, and note how many sections of the ribbed part of the strap need to be cut.
2) Carefully remove the studs that hold the strap in the clasp. To do this, you can use a small screwdriver or a special tool. Very often, a manicure tool is used to remove the studs.
3) We cut several sections of the ribbed part of the strap.
4) Repeat steps 3 and 4 for the second half of the rubber strap. It is advisable to cut the same number of sections from both halves, so the watch will be located exactly on the wrist and will have an aesthetic appearance.
5) Insert the trimmed parts of the strap into the clasp with the ribbed part up, and fasten with studs. It is advisable to fix each half of the strap with two studs - this will ensure reliable fastening of the belt and fasteners.
Conclusion: To reduce the Ulysse Nardin strap yourself is quite simple, you do not need a special tool or skills to do this. But if you are not confident in your abilities - you can always turn to any watch workshop. Trimming the strap for you will be done quickly and professionally.